The fans have been demanding it for a while now and it seems Nintendo have listened by bringing in a online with friends for the massively popular Super Mario Maker 2. Although Super Mario Maker 2 has been around for a little while now it surprisingly never let anyone team up with friends, only random people. Thankfully though this update brings the Multiplayer Versus mode and Co-Op straight to your circle of friends to see who is the ultimate!
A massive list of changes, tweaks and bug fixes were also in the patch which you can read here or check out a list of the more important ones below.
- Added “Play with friends”
- You can now play online with friends in either Multiplayer Versus or Multiplayer Co-op modes.
- You can now select courses uploaded to Course World as well as courses saved to Coursebot
- Added features to “Nearby Play” You can now play in Multiplayer Co-op mode as well as Multiplayer Versus mode.
You can now select courses uploaded to Course World as well as courses saved to Coursebot.
When playing a course saved to Coursebot, the host system doesn’t need to be connected to the internet.
- Added “LAN Play” Players connected to the same LAN (Local Area Network) can now wirelessly play together.
- If the connection is unstable before Multiplayer Co-op or Multiplayer Versus starts, the match will be cancelled.
- In Multiplayer Co-op, when everyone chooses “Let’s start over!”, the timer will now be reset.
- All players will take the same amount of time to move through a Warp Pipe, regardless of the state of their character.
- After updating to Ver. 1.1.0, you will no longer be able to match with players using Ver. 1.0.1 or lower in Network Play.