I remember purchasing my first Razer DeathAdder in 2008, it was my first real
love gaming mouse and I was blown away by its performance. This has been the key to the DeathAdder’s longevity; performance. The fact that Razer have released over 30 different variants of this design truly shows how incredible this mouse is. In saying this, it should come as no surprise that Razer are always pushing for perfection and have officially announced the launch of the newest member to the DeathAdder family – The DeathAdder V2.
“Razer has always strived for perfection with every product we make, and we’ve continually fine-tuned and honed the DeathAdder over the years,” said Alvin Cheung, Senior Vice President of Razer’s Peripherals Business Unit. “With the DeathAdder V2, we’ve taken the most iconic gaming mouse on the market and improved it even further, to give gamers the ultimate weapon and honor the DeathAdder’s reputation of being ‘the unfair advantage’.”
In keeping with the DeathAdder’s signature design, the DeathAdder V2’s significant improvement is under the hood, so to speak. This is thanks to a 20,000 DPI Razer Focus+ Optical Sensor, Razer Optical Mouse Switches, Smart Tracking, Asymmetric Cut-off, Motion Sync, and Razer Speedflex Cable. As you have already probably guessed, the DeathAdder V2 is not only one the most advanced mouses Razer have ever released, but one of the most advanced gaming mouses ever released. Period.
The DeathAdder’s unique ergonomic shape is iconic, so why change it? Razer agree with me (obviously), but also have been able to sneak in a few innovative features such as a sweat-resistant coating and rubberised side grips. This ensures that even the most hardcore gamers will have no issue binge gaming 16 hours of Dota.
Functionality is no weakness of the DeathAdder V2 thanks to its 8 programmable buttons, Razer Synapse 3 support, and advanced on-board memory, which allows for up to 5 profiles. All this performance and functionality combine for a measly 92 grams!
The Razer DeathAdder V2 is available now for $139.95 AUD, for more information please head over the official Razer website here.
- True 20,000 DPI Focus+ optical sensor
- Up to 650 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration / industry best 99.6% resolution accuracy
- Razer™ Optical Mouse Switches rated for 70 million clicks
- Improved ergonomic design with ultra-durable rubber side grips
- Large 100% PTFE mouse feet (0.8mm thick).
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity Adjustment (Default stages: 400/800/1600/2400/3200)
- Hybrid Cloud storage and on-board memory (4+1 profiles)
- Razer Chroma™ RGB lighting with true 16.8 million customisable colour options
- Eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- Advanced Lift-off/Landing distance customisation
- Razer Synapse 3 enabled
- 2.1 m / 7 ft Speedflex cable
- Approximate size: 127.0 mm / 5 in (Length) x 61.7 mm / 2.43 in (Grip Width) x 42.7 mm / 1.68 in (Height)
- Approximate weight: 82 g / 2.9 oz (Excluding cable)
- Compatible with Xbox One for basic input