DOOM Eternal update 1 is here! bringing with it Empowered Demons, Event Series 3, single-player campaign updates, BATTLEMODE changes and a bunch more.
Kicking off the list of changes we have Empowered Demons. Now’s your chance to avenge fallen Slayers, as Demons that have taken out a Slayer will become empowered making them a greater challenge for Slayers that follow. These Empowered Demons offer large amounts of resources and bonus event XP if defeated.
Next, we have some much welcome quality of life changes that have been included in Update 1 for the single-player campaign, including:
- Reduced damage taken while swimming
- Added vertical Dash ability when in water
- Moved the Rad Suit in Taras Nabad directly in-front of the water area so the player clearly sees it when entering the arena
- Removed all difficulty damage scaling for both Water/Slime
- Added Maykr Drone campaign tutorial during first encounter in Urdak
- Added an option for Hold (Default) or Press functionality for Double Dash in the Game tab of the Main Menu Options. Hold allows the player to dash twice by holding the input. Press requires the player to press the input twice.
- Increased the effectiveness of the Plasma Rifle Microwave Mod damage over time
A few hot little tweaks to BATTLEMODE include a Death Report which will show you exactly how you got stomped on and by what.
New network icons will help give you a quick indication if your internet connection is rubbish, either fluctuating latency, high latency or packet loss. Who know you might be able to blame your ISP for some of your deaths now.
If you have spent any time in BATTLEMODE you will know people leaving matches prematurely is a real issue, moving forward there will be penalties for leavers and chat abusers.
A tutorial will now appear for all players entering BATTLEMODE for the first time, which is a nice touch.
Finally, Event Series 3 also kicks off with the release of Update 1. The Precious Metals event has new “blinged-out” cosmetics that you can grind your way to towards. Of note is the MC Pain Master Collection. As it was with Coffee & Camo complete weekly challenges, participate in BATTLEMODE and grind out some Campaign to work your way towards these sweet rewards.
For more on DOOM Eternal, check out our previous coverage.